Saturday, December 29, 2012

I was invited to go to Malawi in January with PCVs 2012.

How nice these new PCVs 2012 have not see me too ancient to go do things with them.  I was invited to joint them a trip to Malawi in January 20th to 28th 2013.
Me, Diana, Emily and Ben. 
While I was busying with the Minister of Commerce, Trade and Industry's visit in Samfya and Mansa, I received the text from Ben on this invitation. Than cell connection was more off than on for a few days, we could not really get the info clear on how all things to be regarding the trip to Malawi. 

When I came to Mansa this time, I am staying at Dr. Jonnson's home while both of them are traveling to Lusaka.  I checked in to PC house (only few house down to the other end of the same and short street) and all three of them were there. They were to go to Emily's site for couple days than will camp at lake side that I will be visit them after my duty of this trip got done.

So nice to have spent some time with Dr. and Mrs. Abila and children to know more of all of them on December 27th.
I had prepared this dinner at Dr. Jonnson's home, with their house maid's help and we brought over to Dr. Abila's to cook with Mrs. Abila.  This was her first Chinese food experience - cooking and eating.  She said to all dishes, while testing it at cooking, "It is very appetizing." 
Ba Chiti and his wife came to this farewell dinner for Mrs. Abila and children, too.

Hope next time seeing the Abila's family again will be in Seattle, I told them.

Yesterday I was busying showing the western dinner to Sam and the Chinese Mobile Doctors in Mansa.  Hope they will have more easier time to travel around the world and enjoying food of all kinds from everywhere they go.

Today I was to complete my 1Q 2013 report, but got busying with my blog.......

Planned to go back to Makasa tomorrow morning and visit PCVs camping at the beach right after I got home.

I know I missed sending my yearly letter this time, just now to send you all my warmest wishes for a Happy 2013 with all the Happiness and Proprieties to you and your loved ones.

Cheng 12/29/2012

 

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment