Monday, December 3, 2012

The real reason of Bob's coming - to see my post home....

In order for Bob really see my post home, we had only three days left to do it after the glamorous tourist trips.......and the buses run only in the mid afternoon from Lusaka to Mansa and from Mansa to Lusaka.......the bus tickets can not be purchased more than one day ahead, and it is always full.....so the whole time I was on the phone to ask dear friends of mine to promise to buy ticket and to confirm the tickets were bought either ways, so Bob would be back on time for his departure on November 24th.
With all helps all around, Mark had to come to Samfya Boma (the market place) at 03:00 to pick up Bob and I back to their home to sleep a few hours......when we were in the room, girls had a box of flower for us.......What sweet hearts you both are, Nona and Lilly.  Thank you very much.
 
Carmen made breakfast and Bob had to show the TV news clip of Ambassador's visit of my village on November 1st.....

when Carmen and Mark went to work, Bob and I had a taxi to visit the officers who I am working with in Samfya.....of course before that Bob has to see the Lake Banhgweulu.  Originally was to take him to camp on one of the three islands in the lake but other trips took over....... 
DOF, Samfya.....
Dept. of Wildlife's...... 
Post Master..... 
The Acting DC.... 
The fish port of Samfya......from the post port dock..... 

My post home......Bob had to scoop one dead mouse for me.......lucky it was not stinging yet. 
I stopped using poison two weeks before I left home, but was still worrying that we dump the dead mouse in the garbage pit, if dog or whatever eats it, would others die too??  It bothered me the whole way back to Lusaka...I should have it dumped into the toilet pit...(After I am home, no one told me any dogs dead, so it was okay then.) 
My post home was awfully quieted, only one fish farmer and three neighbor ladies around......so I had the fish farmer to show Bob the fish ponds close to my home.....don't know why I didn't have any picture of Bob while he was there........hmm.......

Back to my house, only one kid around.......unusual.....but, Bob is still having fun with the little one.... Passing by Yasakwa, the same thing......awfully quieted.......and I didn't have picture of Bob with anyone.......hmm........passing Mabomba, my old counter part, Ba Martin was waiting at the road side to meet Bob......no pictures.......
Came into Mansa, met Sam the manager of Budget Store next to ShopRite.....out side at parking lot, someone stopped me.......it was the land lady of Dr. Abila's who I met once at Dr. Abila's office....Now she is back in Zambia and her son, daughter in law, grand child and daughter came from England to visit her....... 
The taxi driver took me out of accident scene in July 2010 - Ba Moa was in the parking lot also, so Bob thanked him for rush me in to Mansa Hospital that morning..... 
Took Bob to PLARD office and Dr. Jonnson and Dr. Abila were so interested on Bob's showing them the TV news clip of Ambassador's visit of my village, farmers and ponds........ 
Bus left Mansa on time, 15:00.......it was good for Bob to see the 16,000 square kilometer wet land and the longest bridge on wet land in Africa on the way back.....at bus stop, people selling dried fishes in all sizes........
Than sun went down, you don't see any thing else besides the bus's head light shown.....we were sitting right behind the diver and we saw two other buses lay on their sides in the ditch.....they had just passed our bus just 5-10 minutes before that......Bob searched about those two buses on line when we were in Dr. Marum's home, but the traffic record was a year and a half behind.
 
If realized how risky I have arranged these trips for Bob's visit....traffic accidents are the number one mortality in Zambia, I should have keep it in mind.....only Thanks to God that all went fine.
Cheng   12/3/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment