Saturday, December 29, 2012

Village life is still planning to go forward.....

 
At my work schedule planning meeting with my farmers on December 19th, I brought out the cow pea seeds from Dr. Lawrence Marum that he gave it to me for my farmers while I was staying in his gorgeous home in Lusaka with Bob while Bob was vacationing in Zambia......whoa......what a looong statement sentence...... 
 
I divided seeds in six potions and had six farmers to promise that each one of them at their harvest of cow peas, they will keep a same potion to pass on to a next farmers and have them do the same and keep the seeds passing on and around, any way they want.
All signed in agreement and wrote a big THANK YOU to Dr. Marum next to their names. 
Work schedule kept on the going....... 
This time DOF Samfya sent two officers came to joint us.....with a proposal for me to bring it to PLARD for funding it to give my farmers a two days workshop. 
 
I didn't even announce to my farmers on this one.  After meeting is over and farmers gone, I told them "There is no way I have a face to present this proposal to PLARD. For two days time with cost of 5.6 million Kwacha.  All my framers to get will be one hour each from DOF, DOA and Wildlife officers on the first day and the second day one hour each from DOF and DOA officers, the rest of time were for me to hold the floor and for my farmers to discuss all these issues.......
What do you think, if I am that smart to teach all these issues already, and my farmers had known that much to be able to discuss all issues on Fish, Garden and Animals with all "officers"???  If so, what was that, do you think, I am asking for all your help, to lead my farmers to advance their knowledge and skills???"
 
They took back the proposal and I turned to call a Camp Officer, Ba Florence, who had helped me on one day garden workshop at Kale while I was in Yasakwa and Kale is about 20-25 KM from here....Thanks to Ba Florence that she said "YES" and it will be on January 10th the Thursday.
I called Wildlife officer, Ba Mwimba and he also promised to give another half day workshop on January 4th. He did once on Goats for my farmers in October. 
 
Thank you to Ba Florence and Ba Mwimba, to help my famers - those are your own people, actually.
 
Hope the Minister Sichinga's words will spread all around and fast: "To help our own people to stand up and manage our own land and our own country."
Cheng   12/9/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment