Saturday, December 29, 2012

Minister came to my Makasa village and fish ponds....

After the boat ride, all went into this Samfya Youth Resource Center to meet with local merchants. 
The Minister with his security guard standing behind him at all times. 
He addressed to all and again here that all Zambians need to recognize how Zambia is a rich country and how all Zambian can stand by their own to function and move the whole country forward. 
"Not to compliant about the Dutch came to do this and that, not to compliant about Chinese came to do this and that......It was all because we did not stand up and do it all ourselves." 
Whao, what a great wake up call to all Zambians, from one of their own leaders in this new government. 
 
It was what I have kept on telling my villagers in Yasakwa and Makasa, that they do not know what "Poverty" really is.  I was born in the small island of Taiwan and we do not have the vast of farm land, no mineral deposits and have to deal with 3-4 months of typhoon season every year. 
We did not label us as "we were in poverty" because everyone around were at the same level of living, so we only know to stand up, work hard and move forward. 
And we were able to get out of it before we even knew what it was.
 
Hope this new Zambian government have a great successes to lead the whole of their population forward in the right way. 
Get The Mind Set Right!
In between the boat ride and meeting, the Minister was kindly talking to me about my fish pond farming in the village level and he asked if he can have a look on the way back to Mansa.
Of course, he was most welcome to do so.
 
Matter fact that all the big people to come to my villages are all welcome for it meant a great deal for my villagers to know what these people from "the other part of their world" look like and start to dream for it for themselves or for their children. 


I was greatly appreciated the Minister's true intent and stood up strong to come and see and value my farmers who have had stand up to the hard work at the base level of their country.....
He repeatedly said in all meetings that morning, that "ShopRite" the largest super market in Zambia has to import 160 tons chicken from South Africa every week and this money we Zambian can easily make it for ourselves.  Fishing from Lake Bangweulu is facing its critical time so the fish pond farming should be greatly encouraged.
 
Sadly to say that besides me, no one seemed too much agreed with him. 
As you see this picture from while we were at the ponds near to my post home.
 
Thank you, Minister Robert Sichinga.
After my ponds, I went with one of TV crews of DOA's record team to Mansa.  The Minister visited the Mill that was funded by the government loan and functioning well......

Just suddenly, I found that DC of Samfya was not anywhere to be seen and was told he had returned to Samfya after the fish pond visit.  Then what am I to do from here.....I was only invited by him....
With no choices, I have to find a group came from Samfya and to be returned in the same day and I found one.
Forwarding to Mansa, the Minister was to visit the closed up Mansa Battery Factory and the gate keeper just not to open the door, for no instruction from Lusaka and no one in Lusaka was answering the phone calls at the time.
Keep the gate closed to a Minister?!?! This gate keeper is a true man on duty. 
Hope what ever trouble could be with it would not to be this gate keeper's.
Mansa's merchants were more well familiared and prepared to come to this big event.... 
After the meeting, way after 17:00......no lunch, no tea break.......this was the first whole day government event I attended had held up with even enthusiasm.
The group of Samfya merchants that I asked to have ride back with them had asked me to take picture of them with the Minister, but the Minister just kept on waving to have me in the picture too..... 
And I had to stand at the position where he pointed.
Thanks again, the Minister Sichinga.
 
I was actually went home with Ba Semani, the officer from DOF Samfya who is holding a short assigned position in Mansa and communing everyday from Samfya. 
I knew him since I came to Makasa. 
The hour on the way home it was dark and heavy raining.........Got home tired and hungry....no way to start fire for food and bath water, all was damn and chill by the rain....I used gel fuel to make a cup of water for oat meal and went to bed......
This was the first time no bucket bath before bed since May 2012......Yike.......
 
Thanks to Samfya merchants and Ba Semani and DC Samfya and the Minister.
 
Cheng 12/29/2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment