Monday, December 3, 2012

I had MRI on my "good" knee...and good to be back home.....

After Bob left, I moved back into Peace Corps' bunk house for the medical issue on my "good" knee. While in and out of the premisses, I'd got to meet with Ba Fraser's wife too.
It was hurt from the bikes I had at my first arrive to Makasa.  It was a wrong size bike to began with, plus the chain was badly slipping, than stocked up totally. I hurt my knee then and had to walk five kilometer to come back my post home.  I had the bike changed, it was still a size too small, and same thing happened again. I hurt my right knee the second time and it gave me the swollen for more than a week.  I am on my third bike since mid July.  It is the right size only when I raised the seat to its highest.......than my back and shoulders had to leaning forward way too much.......so it the way has to be for now.

More than four months after, the MRI pictures and report are still showing the liquid accumulating, where the hurt come from. PC and Orthopedic doctors told me not to arrange return transport just yet, that they will send picture and report to South Africa for a better reading. But I have been out of my villager for many weeks now, I need to be back before I can arrange fingerling delivery if there will be any ponds ready to receive them......

While I was asking to have MRI report right than, the Radiologist, Dr. Luan was having Chinese mobile doctors visiting from Kabwe and they were to be out for lunch so they took me out with all them too......
The lunch of these many dishes.....
So I promised PC and Orthopedic Doctors that I will use knee brace on right knee while sleeping and watch for signs of more hurting and/or locking that I would have to report back to them ASAP.
So off I went with PC vihecle back to my post home on November 28th. Sarah was sos nice to played with my neighboring kids for a few minutes.....


The folloing day I biked around to as many ponds I can to see all scheduled new pond constructions or reconstruction of old ponds....only the 17 year old, Dimas' pond was done wonderfully.... 

All others were not done, or not water prepared.......I can't have fingerling delivery for only one pond for Dimas.  It will cost three times more Kwacha than he has to pay on half priced amount that he is going to pay......I need to seek helps for him.....
On the top of my running around, that Ba Fraser's visiting my site was 29th of November, so I had to rush back to my post home..... 
Had Ba Fraser came to my sitting room where my travel packages had not unpacked yet.....we went throught his questionares and had him met with my farmers..... 
Went into Samfya to meet with DOF....... 
After lunch, I got the chance to travel to Lubwe and visited Ben's site while Ba Fraser was going throught the questionares with Ben......... 

 
It was always good to see how other PCV's home looked like......
Cheng  12/3/2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment