Saturday, December 29, 2012

I've got the ball rolling again for a School in Lukali.....

As appointed last week Thursday, I went back to DOE and its Planning Office to see the Directer of Education and the Director of Engineer on December 20th.  All was as told that we will go see the Lukali School. 
At departure from the Planning Office with Ba Chansa the Director of the Engineer, the Provincial Chairman of the Planning Office - Ba Kapaya come by and was enthusiastically paying full attention to the Lukali School project and wished us safe journey.
We stopped at Yasakwa - my old post home to pick up my old counterpart - Ba Martin to lead the way and the new PCV - Ba Taj, she would like to see what I have done there.

The volunteer teacher with his wife both bare footed next to me, Ba Martin, Ba Chansa and another villager of Lukali. Taj took this picture.  Thanks, Taj.




Yes, this school house has done by villagers in 2011 when they found there was no outside help to come after my taxi accident.  It is housing Grade 1 to 4 for 84 kids.  The volunteer teach does not speak English with me much.  That day he told us that he is sick with malaria.  I told him to go to clinic for medicine and even asked Ba Chansa to give him ride to Mabumba - 20 KM away....he said that he has no way to come home after, so he will go tomorrow when he can barrow a bicycle from someone.....what's the priority here.....life or conveniences???  How he convenes kids to learn??? And on what???
Hope these left over materials from that small school room would be in use for a real school be built here pretty soon.
 
The trip to Lukali was in the favor of Ba Chansa's field trip to check the progresses on his wet land road project, or I would not able to have any one to come near Lukali.  Thanks to Ba Chansa.
 
The first of his project we saw was close to Lukali and my old post home.  Some where there I had fallen into the creek when I was new at Yasakwa in 2010.  This new government is really doing things for real people already.  Continue like this, this country will be rich and strong pretty soon.

Got to be somewhere here that I fall into the creek, which was at the end of hot, dry season so the water was about a foot or 20" deep with mud bottom calculated......but the shock was greater than that I was in the taxi accident July 2011, I remembered.  The mud was not easily or willingly to release its grasp of you, that was the real shock.
 
The second site was so close to my post home in Makasa, if not that I have back pack, computer all in Mansa, I shall have go home from there.


On the way back to Mansa, we dropped Ba Martin and Ba Taj at Yasakwa and continue west ward to see the third project not far from Mansa.........It was after 18:00 and getting dark, but not rained that I was so appreciated.



Great Job! Ba Chansa. 
Zambia is depending on these young and educated people to move forward for sure.
 
Cheng 12/29/2012
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment