Saturday, April 16, 2011

Boe Hole and well at my post home are both broken....






Since I came back from Kasama, there was no water close to my post home. The third day PC officer sent me to Mansa Provincial House and I went back to my scheduled work every day.....been 17 days now, I am really want to go back to my home and ASAP.


In PC Provincial House, I have inheritated one plastic, air filled globe, so I'm bringing it every time I have a villagers meeting, with my maps that hang up on a line with clothes pins around the wall........How much the villagers understood what I was trying to show them, I do not know.


April 1st, when I got up early in the morning to take a shower and there was this green snake ahead of me in bathroom......went out to call the gaurd, no longer than a minute the snake was killed.....felt so bad had it killed..........


My counterpart and I are working with the new seven zones outside of my first five zones along side of the main road from Mansa to Samfya around my post home. Tried hard to encourage women to stand up and speak up, it is not easy for them, but every once a while I could have surprices here and there. That's good. Cheng 4/15/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment