Saturday, April 2, 2011

Back to the fields.....





In the field checking the progresses of those fingerlings in our three ponds........one farmer yelled, "crakadial" (don't know how to spell it) another farmer took a long stick and chasing here and there I can't see a thing untill it was killed the farmers scoop it up on grass for me to take picture before they throw it into dambo land further.......The reason for the killing was these creators eat fishes in the ponds......


Well, my gum boots not only keep me dry from this wet land, might be protact me from creators I don't see in the water in the grass too......I am thankful for everything I have and can't help to think how can lots of farmers walk bear footed when come to work in the fields????


So these were my month of March 2011.......Hope you enjoyed as much as I have had too....


By the way, after I got back from Kasama, my two water sources around my post home - one bor hole one well both broken.....after 3 days PC officers told me to stay in Mansa PC House and commute back to my work in my villages......no matter what work I have to accompulish here and there......So I have been spent nights in Mansa since March 30......just never think "commute" could be actually happening in Africa villages....... Cheng 4/3/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment