Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cheng is back in Seattle as scheduled.

Hello, all.....Bob had collected me from Sea-Tac airport and back to his home early morning of May 31st. I have had a day rested so now I can think if this blog of Cheng @ Zambia to be closed for good. 
But for now, I think I will tell you what I did after I left Zambia and before I had arrived in USA.
First week I traveled to Nepal. The first three days I visited Chitwan National Park, and saw the elephant staple, saw the rhinos while on the elephant ride and walking in the junkal (those I had not seen in Africa) and other birds, insects, one snake on the trial and one cockatiel in the river.... 
Chitwan national park is a good place to visit. 
 
 
their elephants are so huge......  
one snake, pencil thick but more than two feet long....no one knows what it was..... 
pretty insects.......from house fly size to couple inches long, like grass hopper, so colorful. 
could this one be real???  I wouldn't want to try to know by my own effect for sure.... 

Supposed to watch sun sit from here, but too clouded..... 
I have tried to tell Makasa people to use cattle to plow, but didn't have the picture to show...too late to worry about it now.
this was how we get on and off the elephants..... 
Doesn't it looked like a smooth riding.......
but actually not, like you are in a container rolling down on the rough hill, or in a wash machine.....people told me that the camel rides are almost the same...... 
But seeing the Rhino was all the worth......and few more to come..... 
weather we were up high on the elephants or Rhinos are that peaceful to take all of us in...... 
 
more rhinos...... 
this one is complaining his peace been disturbed or his is digesting like a cattle???   
the elephant's soft nose tip can pill the tree bucks that was incredible......
elephant bath that I didn't do......I even scuba diving in dry suit....why get wet??
women here ware less colorful clothes, but still working on heavier load of work than men, it seemed that way to me....... 
Roads were shared with all kind of people, tourists, animals, cars.......  
this is how they write numbers....... Lucky that I don't do bookkeeping there.....
 
Met two volunteers working for "Green Society" one from London, one from New York, they help develop advertisement and productivities on "elephant dung paper products".  I might check into it myself, once I am done resting in USA. 
at junckle walk...... 
that's how one across the river..... 
of course, you have to go back the same way too...... 
the other side of river are full with flowers..... 
back to our side, the pigs got called home for the night.... 
next morning we had 2 hours canoe ride to watch all sizes birds along the river side.....  
quite a few of large storks...... 
For the size it looked, they can fly up the tree top and not banding them small branch much....how much do they weight???  
 
Leaving Chitwan to Pokhara......
 
Have to stop for now for Bob is getting ready for us to go scuba diving near by to his home.....when I am back I will show you pix from Pokhara and Kathmandu.
 
Cheng in Seattle, WA, USA 6/1/2013


No comments:

Post a Comment