Sunday, June 2, 2013

back in Kathmandu.......

The last day in Nepal, I had a 4 hours sightseeing paid, but they didn't show up so I had to pay another taxi to use up the time have there.....I was going from Themal, to Boudha......it was a huge area to walk around, even the taxi dropped me at the back gate to save time climbing up and of course, the taxi driver wait at the front gate......and I had circled the topper area at least twice.......

 

 
 I was just there......so asked the soldier sitting there how to find the stair way to go down to the front gate........with fingers point "that" way......no map, no nothing......
saw the shops at least twice....... 
The monkeys must knew me by than....... 
the vendors selling the birds....wondering if the birds were captured or farm raised...... 
if not lost, I wouldn't have seen those genuflecting people doing their pilgrimage up the mountain.....don't know from where and when they had started thier trip....... 
 
Finally, back on the taxi and went to Pashupatinath.......for I had waste much time at the first place, so I had just almost running along the rest places....... 
rushed back to taxi and passing by center of city, I saw lots of street dogs,
street monks, 
 
street kids, 
street caws...... 
This might had been in Bashantapur......an Indo temple that only Indian can go inside,
still me and the caws tried......
Streets and temple grounds were filled with the drippings from pigeons, dogs, caws, and might be human.......people who were going into the temple were still all dressed up their best clothes, bared foot from long way away, marching to the temple bravely and purposely........
 
Hope this new generation of educated girls will change what I have seen above in time....
 
Since I can't go into their temple I went around to the back.....and saw there it was the crematorium...... 
 


wondered these people were waiting for the cremation to be done or just came for picnic???
 
Rushed on to Patan......saw more temples.......now can't tell which one was these I went....
 
 





 

For I have to be back at hotel to pick up my luggage and be at airport by 13:00.
 
At the airport it was another story...
The counter people said that only one luggage was allowed and I will have to pay 750USD for over weight and extra piece of luggage.......
In the shock, all I can do was to call one new friend from France, working in Kathmandu, whom I just met in Dubai airport......while I was talking to her, I was already felt so sorry that I had bothered her.......
Went back to the counter to plea and bargain the fee......it came down to 180USD and was told that if I pay them 100USD that they will guarantee that both luggage will be with me at arrival in Kunming, but no receipt..........no, thank you.  I give you 180USD and you give me the receipt.
Shall I report them.......or, well........forget it, I was on vacation anyway......
 
Before this trip, I was wished for a long time that when flying out of Nepal I shall sit on the right side of the air plane so I can see some Himalaya peaks, and my wishes were granted.........


But, what were all them peaks???
 
Cheng    June 2, 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment