Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May 26th - Yulong Glacier

Sorry, if you don't read Chinese....this map got my head straighten up on how all places I visited in this trip. 
Been seeing these peaks on and off in last two, three days..... 
now I see them all.......thanks to the good weather for us. 
 and no wind on this little pond......for the reflection of the mountains. 
Hau was nice to remind me to have a picture in my own camera. 
Naxi is proud of they had kept their own writing.....but don't know what these all about.... 
A cable car took us up from 2800 meter elevation to 3800 meter.....that oxygen can becoming needed, for it was almost straight up.....and more staircase to climb another thousand meter up from here. 
The Z on the upper right hand corner was the stair case we were going....thankfully that we had the oxygen can from yesterday for the guide was giving up on us to press on purchase things..... 
Sun was high and hot....trail ended here and there is another thousand meter to be up at the peak....
 
When I was young I love to read the marshal art faction nobles written by "Jing Yun", some of them made believe that one practiced marshal art at the top of Yulong Glacier came out to be the toughest one......
I can't believe I could have seen this scene by my own eye.....ever......YEAH.....
 
 
Down from the glacier, Hau and I got dropped back in town and told that we had to find our way for lunch and some place to rest till time to go to airport for Hau and to train station for me......
No way to ask or argue with these guides, I called Kunming tour company to ask what do I do from now till my train time....."Hang up and I will call you back." I was told.
 
After using the restroom, Hau hurried to me, "Don't worry and don't talk to any guides here, he is mad that we called Kunming (he didn't say it was me, a very nice person Hau is). I have taking care of the whole thing now.  For now they are taking us to lunch and will see what is the next."
The guide also rushed to me and I spoke before him, "I was just check what is on my schedule I have clearly said that it was not any complaints." 
He gave me a side way look and told us to get back to vehicle and went for lunch.
Whao, only for two of us, there were four large dishes of food and rice at side.
Good, we needed it all after that high elevation hike.
After lunch, we got brought back to down the mountain from Yulong Glacier to see this part of
 river that is going to joint Jing-sha-jiang, the upper part of Yang-tse River.....
I would think these were the dammed up stream with man made water falls, but done in a beautiful way.... and many layer of them.....Hau and I walked them all........ 

Yaks were dressed up for pictures.....again, I took pictures from the side only..... 
even the models all dressed up, hired by photographers....


we were told that to touch the water there would bring luck......so we will see.... 

If these were really all man made sceneries, than they have done a great job.
 
Cheng     June 4, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment