Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pokhara, Nepal, May 14th to 16th......



Way to Pokhara, I took pictures while bus was stopped to drop or pick up people, very carefully.
It seemed all ladies were warring very pretty, colorful clothing of Pakistanis' or Indian's.....what is Nepali's own clothes??? All men in the modern clothes, same as those in Zambia or wherever..... 
 
The first morning I was up at 04:00 am, to go out for sun raise with an hour of taxi ride.... 
It was all beautiful, but so clouded........ 
 
 
A ray went side way to this mountain top and I can see some dots moving at the summit at most left hand lightened peak, and few a little below.......made me remembered how I was when hiking at Kilimanjaro......felt for them all and wished them all a safe journey back home. 
This was the sun raise at us, but so gray....... 
continued with 4 hours sightseeing......the driver said, "You can take a picture from here and I will wait." Of course I went over to the other side and back.......... 
quite a distance on the river, actually....... 
Ladies are working in the colorful clothes and with heavy loads too........
 
Back in town for lunch, while I was waiting for my order to come, the rain came down like mad, the street flooded fast, the lady had to pull up her skirt almost running with her heavy loads..... 
Well, I just had to miss the 2 hours boat ride with little cultural show in it.....I was told.
Early morning bus to come back to Kathmandu, less than half an hour out, the front tire popped and the bus attendant had to do the job on changing it.......an hour after we were on the road again.....well, good it happened before leaving the town, if it was happened on the top of mountain, at the curly, curly turns.....whao......

Another right rice paddy that I can show to Makasa farmers, but too late now...... 
wished I can have time to do more things there.....look, the raft was ready to go when we were passing a long bridge....... 
at least 10, 12 people were carrying things up the hill.....only two men in the bunch....... 
This was the energy saving stove that I had tried to construct in Makasa, but I said one thing the farmers did another so the only one we had really done, that was half of this high and half of this width.....well, I'd tried...... 

This rice paddies with little dikes around them to keep the water leveled.......I had tried to have my farmers in Makasa to do the same, on their flat, wet land, and none had done it.......if so, they could have three crops of rice a year for they have the hot weather in the day time, almost whole year round......
the hair pin turns were almost 90% of the roads from Pokhara to Kathmandu.... 
Finally, Kathmandu was in sight........
 
Cheng   June 2, 2013
 
Yesterday I didn't dive for the neck seal of my dry suit got corroded in the more than a year in storage.....This morning I use a barrowed dry suit and did my first cold water dive. It was coooold, and visibility was not good, so it was only a 33 minutes dive at Redondo Beach, 2-1/2 miles from Bob's home...... Hope after couple more dives, I will get use to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment