Thursday, May 9, 2013

Time in Lusaka again......

On the bus to come down to Lusaka, I was making phone calls 0n the replacement of fingerling to be delivered, I even step out of bus when it stopped at Musaila and I saw Ba Annabella and her son were waiting for the delivery at the road side.....
Told them not to worry, that all be there soon enough....when bus was close to Kasanka I've got Annabelle's text that all fingerling arrived so all was fine.....
 
From there I was totally relaxed for out of my post and out of my volunteer duties.....
watching the trucks on the road, even paid attention to the signs on the truck.....
had being seeing all kinds of signs on vehicles, but this one had those "no cell phone", "no smoking" (of course, this was a fuel delivery truck) but no food - the cross on a fork and plate???? This was new to me.

Close to Lusaka, there were huge farms with all these production going on, like those I saw in Spokane, WA..... 
The stadium that has being building by Chinese crews looked like about to be completed. 
This time in town I had been arranged with a homestay at Dr. Marum's home again for the first weekend.  Christine a RPCV from Eastern Province was with me and she was there to meet her mother coming from CA. 
Dr. Marum treated us his favorite Apple pan cake, that was really delicious.....
the same as when Bob was at his house in November.......
 
Saturday morning, Dr. Marum has drum instructors coming to play the drums and we were all invited, Barbara came too.




It was so fun.  Wished that I can attach a small clip to show you how I had felt been touched by the African cultural for the first time........Thanks to Dr. Marum.
Sunday Barbara treated me to a local garden and gift shop with restaurant for branch... 
Than I was placed at Mogal Guest house for all COS paper work till my departure on May 10th.
 May 8, 2013 we had a combined "Ring Out" ceremony, me and other three RPCVs who I didn't know before this event...... 
Lots of officers came to say good things we did in the services..... 
Officially I am out of Peace Corps from the moment I hit that ring......... 
After ceremony, Ba Cleopher at the right and Ba Fraser at the left wanted a picture with me....and I want it the same too.... 
I want a picture with PCVs Barbara and Beth too, before they had to go back to their desks......
 
I will be in Lusaka till May 10th, 21:20 to fly out to Kathmandu a week and Kunming for two weeks, be arrive in Seattle on May 31st........
 
When I am back home at Seattle, do I continue this postings??? 
Or, might see you all at    cheng@???
Kind of ending my blog so loosely, but I do not know what I will do at this point of time.....
 
.Best regards to you all and thank you all for following my blog for all these time.
 
Cheng 5/8/2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment