Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mansa, the last time.......

In Mansa, I took Annabelle, Chris and Yasakwa PCVs Taj and Qamar to PLARD, on one hand I want to repeat one more time for PLARD continue helping Yasakwa and Makasa farmers, on the other hand I had to make sure that dead fingerling from last Tuesday will to be replaced. 
YES, all were all so kind and promised to deliver them on Wednesday, May 1st - the day I am leaving for Lusaka.
 
The night we had the last Chinese dinner at the new Director Dr. & Mrs. Steel's home -  the same house that Dr. & Mrs. Jonnson were staying in their two year term in Mansa.
Mrs. Steel has just arrived in Mansa for five days. 
House maid - Ba Prudence is still working there and helped on the dinner preparation and clean up the same as before.  Thanks to her efficiency. 
Dr. Stevens, the new Agra-Finance Director, has replaced Dr. Jonnson.

Dr. Steel, new PLARD Director, replaced Ba Eero.

Dr. Abila, my all time help came from, for my farmers, PLARD's Agua-Business Director. He is staying for another two years. 
Ba Chiti of DOF Provincial and his wife, all fingerling for my farmers in both communities were all from his breeding pond at Ifiyongoli.
 
At the dinner I was asked if I have anything wished to do before I leave Luapula.....
"YES."
How I have wished to see the school at Lukali for the last time before I go!!!!
 
Dr. Steel turned to his wife and said, "How would you like to have a drive out around?"
The answer was "Good, that will be nice to have a little seeing around here."
I thought it was PLARD's vehicle to take both me and Mrs. Steel there. 
It was Mrs. Steel driving her own vehicle to take me there......How can I thank her enough!!!.....
 
On the trip in, I felt better when she told me that they spent 20+ years in many countries in Africa, but the road to Lukali was still not for the normal driving even in Africa standards....
Good that she has the heavy duty off road vehicle.
 
See, there is the road that any taxi wouldn't able to come.....

Hmm.....what could there be under these tall grasses.......no room for flat tires here.......or anything other than that....no cell phone coverage here....... 
Closer to school the road had been maintained better. 
Here we are finally.... 
Talk and talk and talk.....about to have a sign of the school named as
"Lukali Cheng Community School"......
No, No, NO. This was not I am trying so hard to have come in and out here for. 
 
I want you all go and use up the money 40,000 KR that had appreciated for your school by your government.  Please hurry, and do not tell me another time "This case is closed."
I have no transportation to come up till now, and I am leaving Zambia, can't come any more times.
Use Up The Money Is There For Your Kids, Education and Their Future!!!   
 
 
Thanks to Mrs. Steel that she patiently taking pictures and notes.... 
This foundation was done in late 2011......now it is April 2013.... 
Can't say anything more......I brought out the books from Kathy's causon, Bobbi and few toy and books from Carmen and Mark......for the kids in Lukali School..... 
Time to go...... 
On the way out, Mrs. Steel said quietly, "I think, I will come visit them again.".....
Thank you, thank you and thank you.....as you see these people need some outsiders to come push them forward at all times.......
Lukali children, I wish you all the best and learn to stand up for your own selves as
lesson number one.
PLEASE.
 
Cheng  5/8/2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment