Wednesday, May 8, 2013

April 23, 2013 we had two productive ponds and four breeding ponds stocked..........

While waiting for the PLARD and DOF from Mansa to delivery fingerlings to my farmers, I had got to see these huge pumpkins of some sorts they were as big as a five gallon bucket still waiting to be ripened......to be used as local wine storage containers....... And,
one huge warm of whatever, about 5 inches long and with long hair all over, came across the pavement directly toward me.....
I have to say that it might as well as a reckon to my concerned......I moved myself aside and told him "Just keep on going and bye........" 
Finally, Ba Abila and Ba Chiti made the fingerling delivery as usual........1,800 of them for the two production ponds....and we had to move on.......quick.......for this time DOF did not have oxygen to add for this long journey.......





Much more important was that surrounding wet land came its own fishes looking for better homes.....and our fish ponds are all in their radars.........
Ba Chiti got one in his hand and Ba Abila was documenting it.
Screen up all pipes inlets or outlets, buddies..... and hurry...... 
After all fingerling were in the water, farmers close to my post home cooked fresh harvested sweet potatoes and groundnuts as a treat for the officers' hard work.....I had enjoyed some too. 
Delicious!!!
 
Cheng 5/8/2013
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment