Friday, September 21, 2012

On the top of fingerling receiving excitments.....

As fingerling promised from PLARD, it is a program of government to government aides, so it will have local DOF to process documents. I went to town first time to tell DOF how my villagers committed themselves on the half of price for each fingerling they will taking.  Came the second time transport fuel need villagers to pay......I will have it done.....The third time I thought we can have "this" paper surfaced and be completed.......but the driver needs lunch......"Why don't you tell me the last time?".....sorry for been loud....but what else is still need to be done by the villagers....."Oh, that's fine than, the DOF will pay for the driver's lunch."...."and this person will give you the template that you can follow." He was there too at my first visit for this document!!!......I went borrowed General Admin of DC's office (Thanks to Ba Mulenga) so I can plug in my lap top while working on it......"Oh, local DOF need to be present while completing it.".......Okay, I have them all with me now so let's get it done with......subjective: I said "promoting fish ponds farming", objective: "fingerling acquisition", target beneficiary: "all villagers near by the ponds"....."Oh, you need to do like......." "Okay, do it." "No, no, you have to agree with it" "If do it, don't meant agreed, so I agree you do what you think.  Just get this paper done so my villagers wouldn't loss their fingerling."......number of fingerling: they put down half of the number villagers needed......I said, "I have the heads or the tails??? It was the price PLARD promised to cover half not the fingerling in HAVES." By this time I was getting enough of it.....at the end......complied by......"Oh, these ponds are in this officer's area so she has to sign."......fine, "What's the next?" "Nothing, you can go now." THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I was there since 08:00 and than 14:00. My tummy was grouching louder myself.
 
While having all these fun in DOF offices, PC head office in Lusaka called me that they had schedule changed for new trainees for Central Province to come to Luapula Province so they need me to host 6 PCTs from September 15 to 20 (arrive late afternoon on 15th and leave early morning on 20th) with three trainers.  The PCTs will camp around my house and trainers will stay at the Comp officer's arrangement. Thank for the Comp office was there with me at the time, saved my explanation and asking......
 
I came home to tell my counterpart this news and asked if he can do my request of renovate my house since I came in May. He did say it was an easy job to be done from the beginning, just four months gone by still not done. So he really did it with his always assistant, Ba Pama.......thanks to the PCTs visit, or I might never have my home my way......Bob, what do you think on this one???
Basically, I want the end of the hall way wall to cut open so my bike can go in and out easier, plus the room will become more useful for the door way is not in the center of it...... 
we used the dirt bricks from the wall to seal the door way and left upper part open so light and air can go through and I can put one candle in the night to lite up hallway and the room at the same time.....energy conservation.......hmm, good.......

Went to Carmen and Mark's again, I cooked Chinese food - "Kon-Bau Chicken" "Stir fry Mung bean noodle"......at the table, Carmen said, "Tell Bob, keep on sending the mung bean noodle......." It was not an easy thing to do here, for you do not have boneless chicken to buy anywhere.......Rose Mary had to "dress" the chicken than I cut it to what I need......imaging, I cook these dishes in ZAMBIA....Carmen said, "No, not only in Zambia, it is in Samfya." I will do it again when the DAPP volunteers come back from their job of building a play ground far out of Samfya.
How blessed I am, to have these good people around and good food they always shared to me......
Cheng 9/21/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment