Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Of course, still the three ponds.....

Countless rain check after, yes, this corner is nearly done, but 11 others to go yet, it was the end of Saturday......

Monday early morning, PLARD officer called me that Provincial DOF officer is coming to see my ponds that was one of procedure for giving my farmers fingerling.......but no one was at the pond and it was after 9:00...........

My bike had been picked up to Mansa - this time the break went, so I had to walk back and forth.......Good for seeing this field of cat tails....can't help to think of Patti......

And a dove got her feed for her babies..........
After all, I went almost door to door to get people come out to work and told them that provincial level of office is coming to see the completion of their ponds......on that, they came right out and worked really hard for the first time.....but I was not to take any picture of them and them know that I was REALY serious......

I know if I told farmers that the office visited my post home early evening Monday and will not come see the ponds, they would not have it done completely.......I let them came and worked as they promised end of Monday.
Tuesday, two of them did show up at 06:00 and I went over to Camp officer's home and had her came out and help to make sure all understood that I want all ponds done as of "TODAY"..... 

Two at the first..........

My Camp officer in pink vest came restate of my point..........all lady farmers could also swinging the scope of dirt precisely where it had to land, if they came to work.......

Getting close to the completion.........
Tuesday noon, it was finally done......besides the dinner I had promised them three weeks back, I put in another stir fry rice for a week after that dinner......they did worked hard.....only I had pushed mush more harder on them........

Now I can pay attention to other activities close to the ponds......ladies brought pilled cassava to sock in water for three days before they take it home crush it and dry it than pond it into powder.......It was the wet land water and with all animals coming and going.......besides most of them using toilets anywhere when needed to......

My bird nests got one short.......

Strange, or I should say "specail bugs" all over these pink flowers......
Now I can go see other groups' ponds........
Cheng 9/5/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment