Friday, September 28, 2012

Fingerling had arrived......PCTs departed......

Not only PTCs came one person less, they took off one day earlier than scheduled too.
The trainer asked to move the planed pond sticking one day ahead so the PCTs would have chance to practice their learning.....I figured we can have it done in the morning, so when the farmers come back from collect the fingerling, the PCTs could a chance to experience it in the afternoon too......
we did it and back to my post home just to received my counter part's call that they had just leaving Ifyiongari......so in an hour time we can have PCTs see the fingerling receiving too......
Wrong calculations all together.......we waited and waited......14:00.....no show of fingerling and no answer from any calls I made out to those farmers went collect the fingerling...where could they be....83+/- kilometers from here, now more than two hours on the way....I am thinking in this heat of mid day how fingerling are to be survived.......
 
Here came my comp officer with two other ladies and she introduced to me as "this one is boss of so and so, she is in charge of all loans...." I cut in, "Any of my farmers are taking loans? With problems?" "No, not that......" "You want me to promote the loans?" no answer, "You work with women's group, right? And this other lady is in charge of all registration of women group's registering." "Any of my women farmers had problem?" "No." "Then what is the reason for them to visit me here?" "Nothing much, it is that you should have visited their offices first before you work within their comps......." I lost it......."Look, ladies, here I am worrying about all fingerling that three groups, 10 ponds are to received are more than two hours late to show up.....and you just come to tell me that I did not make all of you my bosses before I am helping any of my farmers???" I continued,  "Everyone knows I was looking for fingerling this couple of weeks, where were you to help me???" and concluded with, "From here and on I will send whoever come ask me to work with to your offices first and come see me again with your approvals. Otherwise, I will just sit in my home and read my books. That's fine with me too.
The PCT Skill Trainer, in the front of five PCTs, assured me that it was not these ladies' purposes to come make me mad, but it was procedures they work.......I snipped at him,"If so, was all in the training documents somewhere I missed?" Poor him, he is DOA employee and taking vacation time to work as Trainer, he had to carry both weight from either side.......lucky that he had big shoulders.....My Comp office told me, "Ba Kalvin is my senior in DOA from me, so he is my boss. Now my boss is talking and you have to listen." I turned to her, "He is your boss, not my boss." 
Bob, I lost on it ever the biggest this time, haven't I???
 
The three ladies disappeared from my insaka without announcing.....another hour gone by fingerling finally show up.....and of course.......fishes dead even before opened the bags.......

 
The next morning, also the PCTs' departure date, I put tea and oatmeal on charcoal fire then went out to check my closest fish ponds......what not to expect......dead fishes everywhere.....sad, sad beginning of the day..... 
 
 
Off they all went and the sudden quietness brought birds large and small all over my front yard.......Wondered what could have been left at this camp site, at my front door....
The baby stayed in the shade at my door steps waiting for parents to bring food......
Cheng  9/28/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment