Monday, March 25, 2013

Event missed for February 2013

At the end of February, all things rolling faster than I can catch them......so I forgot to tell you this big event and some more...... 
Last Monday morning after I checked on Samfya Fishery Group's ponds, I went to SCCP to help them a little bookkeeping issues, while it was about done that I was looking forward to use their power to work on my COS reports.....I got a call from DOF Samfya researcher - Ba Ngosa that there were the "Steering Committee" members wanted to see my ponds and farmers....She did not waste any time to come collect me from SCCP with all these people behind her.
This Steering Committee Meeting had contacted in Samfya, as I was told, with Councilor for Economic & Development policy from Finnish Embassy - Mr. Starkman, DOA Head Researcher - Ba Mwangu from Lusaka and both of their associates from Lusaka with PLARD officers in Mansa that they wanted to see the sample results of my farmers and ponds that had received great help from PLARD.
 
Mr. Starkman the first right.....
Head Researcher of DOA from Lusaka Ba Mwengu at left and PLARD Luapula Director in Mansa Mr. Steel at right........
We went only to two groups those were close to my post home......Twatasha and Kanono groups.....
Mr. Steel jokingly said, "If you let Cheng lead the way, she will show you all her ponds for another three, four hours......"....they went back to Samfya for lunch and took me with too, before they drop me back at SCCP for my own work on COS papers.
The Twatasha group were working on two new breeding ponds...... 
Rain water had all coming down to the wet land now so we had to make furrow to drain the water before continuing construct the ponds.......
The usual month end meeting with all my groups and individuals to see what we did good and we did wrong just to share the experiences to everyone.....plus to schedule every day of my time in March to work with every groups and individuals.....
This was their happy time for they think of owning me in those days scheduled to work for them. 
Fine with me, as long as they do good for themselves.
 
Cheng 03/25/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment