Saturday, March 16, 2013

Malawi.....dives........

It was a new experience for me to hitch hike long distance, all the way from Lusaka to Chipata.  Some were nice to give us free ride with smiles, some we assumed for free ride but ended with arguments.....some even a little heated......if all by myself I would had been freak out.....

We over night at Chipata PC House, left early the next day to Nkahta Bay. We took more sections by buses.......it was a long, long trip up there still....
 
All worth it, for Nkhata Bay is a quiet place in term of being a tourist spot...... after two days on the road.
It is still a high plateau country, but I saw the hill tops, cliffs and rocks huge and small from the bus windows. 
 
The meat market on the road side, that I have never seen in Luapula. 
A tree full of birds......I was to take a close up shoot, but my camera said "Memory full"....how could it be......Bob had a 16GB chip in it for me......just remembered that before left Lusaka, I loaded all pictures to lap top and left lap top with Barbara that I didn't take the chip back to camera......
Oh, mine......how to could I be survived from a trip without pictures.....
The next day Ben and I went check out the dive shop and the dive master - Chris was so nice to loan me a 4GB chip so I can go diving........and he let me use it till the end of our trip.....Thanks, Chris.
Ben has five dives before this trip, but he is young and fit and a good diver for many years of diving to come his way yet......
We dove with a father with daughter and son......the Mom stayed behind for not feeling good that morning.  They were on the third time around the world trip and using the mileage tickets from the last two trips.....Mom is doing home education around the world......Lovely family.
As all the fresh water dives, not much to see, not talking about all African lakes are all overly harvested as info we have from the fisheries back at my post home. 
We did a night dive too, just to see what others were there..... 
The communal deck in the sun sit was beautiful and peaceful...
Off work and off school match with a ball that was made from collected plastic shopping bags...
Boat attendant was happily seeing us off, under the half-moon in the sky..... 
The three dauphin fishes followed dive light to hunt for their dinner the whole dive......They were about 3-4 feet long, looked more light sturgeon back home but no whiskers.....it was fun to chase after them for pictures......
The spot we dove had been filmed in the "Blue Planet" for some minutes, we had seen that part in the dive shope. I have to see it again when get back to Bob's home.

 

 
Cheng 3/16/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment