Thursday, March 21, 2013

Okay, focus on the realities......

Ben was camping at my insaka one day, the next morning three of my farmers came to clean the weeds in the front and around my house, I thought they were to show off their up keep of my house, in the front of my guest...
Till I asked, I was told that someone from Peace Corps Lusaka is coming to inspect "new PCV's site" - my post home will receive another new volunteer in late April.
 
After all had seen my house inside out, they were to go to another site at about 2 hours +/- distance north from my house to check on another new site and also to give Ben a ride back to his home, about one hour north from my home.  I asked to have a ride too, just to see more of Luapula before I have to go home.  Favor granted. 
 
The road, all along the beautiful lake side of Bangweulu, to go and back the same way, was all damaged in the raining season......we were all been bounced around in the vehicle it was hard to have any conversation going......two days later I was still finding bruises here and there on my elbows and legs.

Beth was taking notes on the housing and telling villagers how to prepare to receive this new PCV...... 
I think this site has even more small children than there are at my site...... Hope the PCV for this site would love these many kids around the house......this is to be at all times...... 
Since the extension denied, C&M were away from Samfya, when they were back we had another Mu-Shiu dinner at their home......Nola and Eliz were the most excellent Mu-Shiu cake maker still.....yammm...
 
Besides telling all that my extension got denied and I will be off from Zambia on May 10th if nothing to be changed.  
We also concluded that Rachel is to come to my insaka with her translator to give my villagers a half day workshop on "Mother and Babies" and Carmen was nice to take part in the workshop on water sanitation........
I thought, in this workshop we will have 15 to 20 Moms to come and each of them will bring a baby with them......Wrong!!!
There were 35 mothers and each mother brought with them at least 2 babies under five year old.....  
Rachel's presentation on mother and babies' health......
Carmen's on water sanitation.........
All paid full attention from the beginning to the ending..... 
At the end, Carmen took a full vehicle of mothers and babies with questioned health to the hospital...... 
The good-byeing was touching......all said this kind of workshop could help them greatly and hope it will happen more oftener.....
Thanks to Rachel and Camem to do this workshop for us, and thanks to Julie's present to enforce the attention on all mothers' learning....
 
Cheng 3/22/2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment