Saturday, March 16, 2013

Trip to COS conference.......January 14 to 16, 2013

The Close of Service conference was held at a beautiful resort - Chaminuka, out side from Lusaka, run by the couple Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Sardanis and their son, as Mr. Sardanis said "This is my retirement home and I love to share with all friends." 
Just for the management and up keep, it got to be a serious business to stay up as a five star class resort.
Huge in door space with lots of art collections.....there was a room with mostly Vic Gohr's painting, that I recognized for I was reading the book Vic Gorh wrote with paintings in it that Dr. and Mrs. Jonnson gave to me when they were leaving Mansa - "The trouble of Africa". What a small world that I can even run into something real that I was just reading at hand..... 

Out door, there was a cattle farm and a huge game park.  The resort offered "cheese and wine" drive or "game" drive every morning and late afternoon.  Of course, I was on the all possible game drives....the drivers finally said to me, "You most love the animals a lot." They might just wondered that I didn't go for the "cheese and wine" dirves........People here do not ask questions directly.....




 
The three days workshop was actually preparing all COSers to face the home going caltural shock and the job or school hunting......also to have everyone to have a chance to see all other PCVs that they might not been seen since they got posted to their own villages. 
 
I was the only one RAPer attached to the LIFEers and CHIPers at this COS conference. When I came back to Zambia after the taxi accident, it was a chance specially for me alone.   I felt as an odd ball all over, but good to know new faces and new topics on LIFE and CHIP that I was not familiar with......
 
 
Cheng  03/16/2013
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment