Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The challlenges had began......

Checked in with rangers and starting the trail on the most right side of the map....I think if I am right.....it is hard to see this map now.....Can't buy this map so I took this picture from the glassed farme on the wall.

Blue monkey....they were black to me....quite a few of them between the gate and Mandara Hut.


 
 At lunch area, there were these rockon-bever like animal waiting for hand outs.....they called it "mangose".....never seen one like it before this trip......

continue walking..........my right knee was holding up good.....



After claimed bunk beds, we took a walk near the Hut to see another kind of monkeys and the first sight of Mt. Kilimanjaro.........

Calabask monkeys, if I heard it right.....

First sight of the MOUNTAIN......


Resting in a large hut with at least twenty other hikers from all over the world......cold night it was.
Cheng 8/1/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment