Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Acclimatization day to Zebra Rock

It was supposed to be an easier day, but my knees didn't think so for we had to drink lots of water and I just had to get up in the night to answer the nature's call.....on the way back to our little hut, I had fallen to my both knees and left elbow......lucky that I had three layers of pants and five layers of shirts on me so the damages on skin were not serious but hurts the same, besides the left knee now is more hurting than the right knee.......

Up we went.....

beautiful trial........


Scenesel plant - if I heard it right.


Zebra rock......


I thought I was to turn around, but Aligust insisted that the Saddle is just near with a clear view of Mt. Kilimanjaro......se I went on.......

To help me to forget my pain, Aligus pointing all plants he knew and carrying my back pack.....

anther cross road, Aligus was not letting me quit......

Finally we were at the Saddle and had the view promised.....after the hike I just found from the map printed on the T-shirt that there was a trail from there to Kibo Hut - the base camp - the first hill above my hat........

We came down the same way and Aligus pointing all flowers for me.....this lava rock seemed had the flower paddles in it....so you think????


So very nice to see the Horombo Hut but just yet another 40 minutes of negotiation with these loose rock trail to go still.......my poor knnes..........Cheng 8/1/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment