Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life in Makasa, Luapula again......




While doing my shopping for food and supplies in Mansa, I also spent 2-3 hours to show a maid at one of my hosting homes in Mansa, Ba Prudance, to make soya milk and use the pulp to make pan fry cakes......when I came back to PC house, PCVs were so supportive and bought all what Prudance had made.......thanks to all PCVs at the house at the time.....


 School is off now and one morning I had all the noisies from kids and adults they run from a well close to my house to get water to mix in dirt to make bricks.......that was why on one hand villagers told me that they were waiting for my return from Kilimanjaro to work for fish ponds and they did not show up at the meeting time all these few days since I was back.....not only this house to be built inthe front of my house.....there are lots of new house site prepared all around here too......
I am so grateful that there is this dear family of Carmen and Mark's with their lovely daughters Nala and Lilly.....they have been my anchor and took me in "any time you will like to come" as they told me and they did just as it.......the first Saturday I spent overnight at their home and had this room that I watched the sun rise from bed........Cheng   8/17/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment