Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Should had been summitted but.....

In the dark, all I can see was the 5-10 feet of view of the loose rocks large and small....up to William's Cave I said I should not pushing upward......Aligus said it is so close to Gilman's Point that you will have the hard earned certificate........but I don't care the certificate.....I just can't breathe in enough.....on the top of it he said, "you should breathe with your mouth close...." but my nose does not have large enough holes to breathe......he heard nothing of it but grasped my left hand in his right hand and said "follow me." it was more of his drag than my power of moving upward.........seemed a century after, breathlessly I was right undert this sign.....

A few moment later Barbara came, and more moments later Mary Ellen came.....I hurried to have this picture with Ed's glove, Robin's blue jacket with hood taken......I was going down from there no matter what.....Mary Ellen agreed with me so we had Aligus took Barbara to summit and Abrim to assist Mary Ellen and the cook assist me to go down......

I had Barbara to ware Ed's gloves to summit and she did it.

My return trip to camp was another painful experiences on the top of all the others in this trip......we had boot skied down at least 1,000 meter on about 10 inches loose small rocks.....

I can see the camp and Mary Ellen way ahead of me and it took me still two hours to get back in hut....

I took all excuses to stop....taking pictures were the powerful one......the cook did not stop me for it.

another hour yet to go.......

These were Barbara's two pictures.....I don't know after she summitted, how she can still have energy to take these pictures......

I never recall seeing this sign while I was there the whole time......I arrived the hut on 8:30am, Mary Ellen was ready for bed.........Barbara came in around 9:30am and I was still not able to get warm enough in sleeping bags to get rested.........10:30am we got woke up to have tea and out we went to go down to Horombo Hut.........this was the most hush trip I have ever had..........

off we went.......

Bye-bye Mt. Kilimanjaro..........weather moved in just than.....the whole trip up till than we have great view and almost no wind.........



hardest part of reach to Horombo Hut......



After we tipped the porters, cook and guides they sang for us in the cold, cold air........

Hello, all......I have to pack and check out of this Mogal Guest House in 10 mminuts....I will continue when I could.......
I did have had a great fun on this trip, so please do not believe the words I had put on it up till now.......Hope you all doing well........
Cheng  8/1/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment