Monday, March 7, 2011

Visit from JICA and DOA on Sunday Feb 20











Volunteers from JICA, Maki san posted at Mansa Colleg, Takashi san posted at Mansa Elementary school and Tsuyoshi san posted at Samfya Junior High School, they were so nice to come visit my post home by asking where the "musongu"(the white people) lives and found me.....while ba Lloyd (the officer with Dept of Agr., live 5 Km from me) and his wife were visiting me too....all had lunch togather on my village survival manu.....macaroni, with canned tuna, curry powder, pesto & parmasan seasoning and a big scoop of peanut butter......they said it was good....hope it was not only out from their politnesses.....4 oranges shared as desert.








After lunch, we visited one of my fish farmers and his ponds....Takashi san bravely accepted a row casava and ate it right there.....he tried well water too....we all had a great time just to catch the taxi = hitch hike to go back to Mansa and Samfya was a little longer time than we used to have to be....








Too bad to know that Maki san was to leave her Mansa post back to Japan before their school system starting in April.....so the next weekend there will be a farewell party for her at her post home and few JICA volunteers will be coming from Lusaka too......sure I will want to come to the party and meet more friends and see Maki san any more times I could have....








3/7/2011 Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment