Saturday, March 19, 2011

Late Feb 2011 - Fish Farming Business workshop in Mansa
















The two days workshop was on 2/22 the date that my first fingerlings from PLAN International, to be delivered to my villages that I have run around to postpond it to be delivered on 2/24 thursday, but I need two buckets to do the transfer....I contacted district DOF and after from a week before my Seattle vacation till the week after I came back no answer at the workshop I finnally got to face to face to ask for the buckets at the first breaktime of the workshop....my answer was "You do not supposed to spoon feed your farmers." I was in the flame....back at the workshop I can't help to spoke out, "Yes, fish farming business is great it is as you open a window and see the great view outside, but I am dealing from the inside of the window, that's meant 'food security' in my villages. If I have PLAN International to give my farmers 2 of 100 each fingerlings to oneh ponds and I need two buckets for transport and got answer of "I do not suppose spoon feed my farmers.' how do I convence my farmers to do the big scale fish farming with none of the supports they need even on these buckets." It brought the heads from Provincial level to say "come see me at lunch time." and PLARD (Program for Luapula Agricaltural Rural Developement) to ask me if they can come see my farmers and fish ponds....Yes, of course....of we made date on March 9 and I've got the plastic drum from Provincial DOF......
I also got a chance to see Provincial fish ponds, brooding ponds, chicken house and visited the Dept of Frorest at the next door to the workshop place, that they let me take picture of bee hive and promissed to have bee keeping workshop for my farmers.....I should really have to thanks to the district DOF to get me opened my big mouth in the workshop after all......Cheng 3/17/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment