Saturday, March 26, 2011




































March 9, the PLARD officer, Ba Abila brought provincial level of Dept of Fishery heads to come and see my farmers and ponds. They were surprised that all 300 fingerlings in 3 fish ponds were all survived. I told them that we learned from Ba Fraser and Ba Mary that transport buckets need to be submerged at water level for at least 30 minutes before tilled the bucket for those fishes already woke up from car sick to swim out by themselves and never pull them out before they adjusted themselves. Of course, the water was well fed so fishes go for the food right away.
With this initiative impression, PLARD officer asked me and my counter part to meet on Friday morning which we did, and it turned out that they were looking for responsible farmers to keep a brooding pond to supply the quality fingerlings to the area around locally.......
Whao.....it is with grant that funded from Finland......but it has to go through Dept of Fishery to the fish farmers' group.....and I also learned that there is some hard feeling that Dept of Fishery was not too ken about PLARD contacted them for my fish farmers......
Well, how this brooding pond to pan out is still many issues away.....All I can do was to provide them as requested on these pix of those ponds still under construction and pix of the groups I associated with other than fish farmers and workshops on gardening and small animal keeping that I arranged for farmers that I was happily provided to them along with my village meeting pictures and records, name list, etc.....Only wish my farmers good luck...Cheng 3/26/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment