Monday, March 7, 2011

Feb 2011 - Fingerlings delivered

Late December I had contacted PLAN International and had one fishery officer, Ba Mwamba, to promiss have those fish farmers from closerby village that received their fingerlings in 2010 to share some to my fish farmers.....Late January when I was back from Lusaka's in service training, Ba Nwamba and my committee members went to Kale village, 15 Km east, to ask them to share their fingerlings. Wonderful Farmers led by ba Chimpo, promised to give us 200 fingerlings; 100 each for one pond, on Feb 22, after I come back from my Seattle vacation.

After I was back, there was a two days workshop on 2/22 & 23 in Mansa that I have to attend, so I had to run around arrange fingerlings to be delivered on 2/24....all was done after hard persuit....on the day of the harvesting fingerlings, they gave us 300 fingerlings instead.....so 3 of my ponds received 100 each fingerlings.....it was truly wonderful and rewarding for all the work up to now.....I was so tired from the trip, from social, from workshop, form running for internet connections......my lap top off line again....so had to depend on the internet cafe.....

Sorry all......pix can't be posted.....till next time again......hopefully Friday......3/7/2011 Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment