Sunday, May 8, 2011

a school for Lukali village

5/6 I was so disapp0ointed that no one from village of Lukali came as agreed on 10 am to see the officers at district office of Dept of Education.......I waited in Mrs. Mulwenda's office for half an hour that she had to come back from the provincial DOE office to meet with me and my villagers.....turned out that I have to come home with no results.....but at the door way I saw the villagers had just came in and took them all to return to Mrs. Mulwenda's office.

She is a nice person and repeatedly to assure me that she understood the villagers to travel to town was not an easy task and went on to assist villagers on the preparation of have a school built for them - that villagers have to burnt enough bracks, collect sand for cement that come from government, collect stones for foundation for the school house and house for one teacher...the government will supply the door and window frames and tin roof, of course with one teacher and the school supplies....all promised to have all done in two months so I pressed down to the next meet at the district office on Wednesday, July 6th.

If all worked out they should have this school by after next school break in September. Hope all will go well and this will end 20 years no schools in Lukali once and for all. Wish me luck.

I will continue to work with fish farmers to enable more protient for everyone........ Cheng 5/8/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment