Sunday, December 12, 2010

Right after the villagers meeting to end of October 2010











Villagers meeting did not end till almost 2pm, I was to rest a while, but there came the neighbor to tell me that one headman's son passed away in Kitwe, Copperbelt provincial and the moaning is at his home about one KM from my house.

I wore the shitange - the fabric wrope around waist to be formal to go......all women sit in one large room, they sang the saddest songs I ever heard.....truly, the sadness in this situation is universal.....

I saw my counterpart's wife in the room, before I made my way to talk to her, she got up and left......this was one of duty my counterpart has to take me and help to integrate into village(s) and he is not......

I continue to visit all sort of farmers and watching kids make dirt bricks, etc.... found guava trees with nice guavas.....but they were the same as those I had when I was little in Taiwan, so I introduced them to graft it with pear tree like those farmers did in Taiwan way back.....to see if they will have those guava thick with meat and less seeds and if I will to eat it before my service is up.....

One neighbor at the front of my house built a dirt brake house quick and villagers came to make the roof for them in one day.....so the family with four kids have a new home.........Cheng 12/12/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment