Thursday, December 16, 2010

The pix got mixed up let me go from the last first......



















Rain, Rain and RAINED....last week it was like Seattle weather in my village.....but it came with all sorts of flowers and mushrooms......I should not have complaint, just all able person was all in the fields to plant all things from corn - they call it maize here, casava, peanuts, beans and whatever they have at hand.....even hard to find kids around for they were all working hard in the fields too....even the snails, grasshoppers, butterfly and of course mosquitoes are truly on their duties seriously too.....

One day my housing committee told me that they will come meet and fix my roof that I was so appreciated and told them that I will make paper model of fish ponds for each of them.....while I was busying on it they met and talked in my insaka - little sitting place with half wall around with a roof.....but when I came out of my house they were ready to leave all collected grass got throw up to roof but no one was up there to spread it......so the leak is still leaks......what a wasted of half day on every one of us.......

Thanks to Gerlinde's books that calmed me down countless times.....so once weekend come I run not fast enough to Mansa to see my Chinese friends and had their wonderful cooking for me. I took picture of Mr. Ke's vege garden and shown him my cat in the Provincial House and met some of PC volunteers too, for they are at the same age group. We even made once duplings.....not that great for lack of materials like sasemi oil, etc...but we did enjoyed it as a treat nonetheless......

The 3-4 days sort of none stop rain that melt down my toilet wall for the roof metal was ended right on the top of the wall......I had kids to build me a grass wall as you see those in front of my bathroom door...but no dry grass to be found these days.....so I tight my bed cover on to the sticks the kids put up for me......

Today I came into town in the name of the villager brought couple feet of metal roof sheet and need me to come to town to buy nails.....so here I am in the same trip checked PO for my possible packages and try post a few notes on blog......this is so far I can do.....now pix are slow or even not moving....I might have to quit it and re-do it the next time I am here again....

So surprised to me that Christmas is only a week+ away. The villagers here are mostly Jehovah witnesses or Seven days advantages so they do not celebrate Christmas....this is the first time in 33 years US life that I miss my yearly letter to keep all my friends and family posted on what I had done for the year.......I just have to have everyone to check on blog to see at least the last half year 2010 of my life.....the first half was only closing my business and homes not that much to talk about.....of course a few trip of scuba diving......well.....those seemed so far from me now.....

Okay, the pix are not going to post for ever, so I will redo them next time I am here.....you all have a wonderful weekend to come.

In case I don't get in before the Holidays, you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year......12/16/2010 Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment