Sunday, December 12, 2010

10/1 to 10/13/2010 my village - Yasakwa, Mansa District, Luapula.













Every PCV has one counterpart to work with, but mine was busy at first had to sale his casava to Lusaka, then he is building a house somewhere, as he said close by....but unknown as where about, anyway, he was not around at all.....so I have to be creative to find my own connections, nieghbors and friends.....

At the provincial house someone posted a note wanting a large plastic jar for hand wash water, I did not pay attention to the details, but since I've got nothing to do so I pictured it myself and had two bigger kids to do the work and it worked......I was so proud of them and gave them rope and jars to do the same for their own families......then we got known all around the village and constructed more water system for future parted neighbors......all with happy faces around us.....

I sit in with neighbors when they were pounding casava, and had their children to memorize time table....at which I was so surprised at age of 12, grade 4 and they can't do up to the "3"......but I was so thankfully to know there I have at least this job to do....found one kind of the chicken with bare necks......visited fish farmer and found they are still use the squared bottom ponds....another job to introduce the slope bottom ponds......

At my first 4 day staying in early September I met field officers of Dept of Agricultural and Dept of Life Stock, now I was able to became friends with them and their wives.....visiting back and forth.....also visited the neighbor's grandfather 4 KM away by foot.....

There is a cat in the provincial house it is expecting babies in mid-October......I was so wished to have one kitten when available for I was so bothered by the mice in my house. On this account I even compromised with the mice that I go to bed at 7pm and up at 5am so they can be running around in my house without me to chase after them......or they me..... when I knew the cat had given birth to 4 kittens, I came to take picture and put in my wish.....but was told all to be lottery out to all 27 new volunteers at the Thanksgiving week's meeting.....

Than I think that I will be out a week in Thanksgiving and two weeks out for "in-service-training in Lusaka" in January 2011, on these I kind of changed my mind on not to have a cat after all, for I will not be home enough to be with a kitten or a cat....it is not fair to have it to fend for itself if I have to be out.......

Well, I just have to deal with my mice the way I do right now.......all food and clothing are in plastic containers.....and so be it...... Cheng 12/12/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment