Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hello, all....it is 12/12/2010 and I have seen Christmas card, letter, invites in my email....Thanks to all......











Since Thanksgiving that I was in the provincial house in Mansa for the meeting and celebration of Thanksgiving and was able to post some of the re-sized pictures with some notes but stopped with power outage, and the following weekend when I came in town too, etc. etc......hope I can achieve the posting to up to last week this time.....

First of all, thanks for Bob B. to teach me the re-size of the pix and thanks to Gerlinde sent me a box of children books.....all are interesting stuffs even for me.....I am working on have a librarian trained to handle these books then to have one or two big kids to lead the reading.....so when I am out working or vacationing out of my village, these books will be still in use.....Thanks to Gerlinde and Elizabeth for all wonderful books.

Yes, vacation, I am planning to be back to Seattle at the first 10+/- days of February, depends on how ticket schedule to be. Planning to do my own tax plus a couple days in Winthrop snow shoeing and one or two days at Stevens sikiing and rest in Seattle area scuba diving, do my tax and see MY FRIENDS, come joint with me, anyone???......I will have you all posted ASAP.

Here is my updates from late September 2010.

9/25/2010 we got the sworn ceremony at US Ambassdor's residence as PCV; the ambassador was only two weeks new in Zambia at that time. After the ceremony, I was so hoped to have a good rest for a nap or something like that but had to go shopping for our future post home, for in the village the things we might want, need might be none to be seen in any villages where we will be posted in......

The next day 9/26/2010 we all departed from Lusaka to our own post homes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment