Friday, April 5, 2013

To Lusaka and back.......

This trip in Lusaka, I was most of time with one 2009 PCV from Oregan whose extension will be ended at late May for we had most the same COS scheduled all check ups.  We went with other PCVs in town for a movie and a dinner one night, before we parted we had this picture taken at Manda Hill parking lot.... 
Hurried back to Mansa on March 29th, took a bush taxi back to Makasa and it stocked in wet mud.....just heard that two nights before there was the harvest rain fall ever in the season......so roads were all bad around my house....no rain since I was back but water still on some roads....
 
Back in my house, the roof top from inside was plastic nailed so all water came down to the end of it, on the top the the walls.....the spots where the plastic was shorter, the water mark on the walls were all clear and new.....the three corners of the house, except in the bed room it seemed could had been flooded on the floor......good that I was not there......it kind of dry when I got back.......I am glad that I have the dirt floor in side at this kind of time...... 
The month end meeting with all my farmers - groups or individules was the reason I hurried back....but 75% didn't show up that they had already wrote me off to wait for the new PCV to work with.....
 
Which was really fine, I do need sometime to cool down myself from them, and to pack to go....
 
The ones were still care to come and ask to work with me till I leave, we still have plenty to be busy on till end of April anyway.
One of the two new production ponds for Ba Anna's were ready to fill water and feed till fingerling come in couple of weeks......... along with two other groups' two breeding ponds each group......to get fingerlings at the same time.....I will have to talk with PLARD and DOF in Mansa the coming week.
Just before fill in water, the last minutes seal the small leaks with termite dirt was a very good idea... 

Yesterday's routinne checking on ponds near to my house......
Look, those veges didn't get eaten....what's the matter........anyone report the fishes got stolen???
Check around the pond for the evidences.......no human foot print, but this one!!! Crocodile???
For the size of the two paw prints, it was not a big one, it couldn't have gotten all fishes......
 
So we will still plan for the harvest on April 18th to 20th depends on PLARD and DOF officers' time, that they will be able to come with the fingerling delivery on the same trip.....
Hope there will be some fishes left in this one pond..... 
Don't you think this dragon fly had a monkey face???  It was a huge one too.
 
So these were for my first week in April so far, besides, my going home to Seattle ticket had bought.  I will be leaving Lusaka, Zambia on May 10th, via Kathmandu a week, Kunming two weeks arriving in Seattle on May 31st.
 
Cheng    April 5, 2013
 



No comments:

Post a Comment