Monday, April 15, 2013

A wonderful visit from Barbara............

April 8, Barbara had a ride from Lusaka to come to Mnasa with the new PCTs on their second site visit in Luapula province that they were passing my house to Ben's home.  It was also Barbara's Malaria Champion area and she is working on mosquito net survey. 
All were very kind to pick me up from my house, so I got to spent time with Barbara in between her villagers meetings. 
After many meetings around Ben's villages, she returned to get me for another site's meetings.
Couldn't be much help from the local clinic, we had to go to a counterpart of one ex-PCV's...... 
After a while the "boss" shown up......
I was/am kept on thinking if the two ladies behind him are all his wives.......
That night I had planned to camp with Barbara, in each of our own tents, in my insaka, for I have no heart to leave her camp out door by herself.....but we got back to my house right at time the sun went down and beginning to get dark.....almost no way to start a fire, cook dinner and make bath water for the two of us......
I just had to take up Carmen's offer from the day before, that both of us are to go to their home for dinner and over night........Carmen came pick us up from my house  right after I called her. 
It was so very nice of her and whole her family to do so for Barbara and I.  
At our arrival at their home, I was excited for the BBQ chicken dinner, and was told, "It was to be an oven baked dinner, but power went out at the middle of cooking......"
It was so wonderfully delicious........
The next morning we had French Toast with all trimmings for breakfast before we catch a taxi to Mansa that Barbara continue north to Mwese and I took one lady farmer to visit PLARD and DOF Provincial's breeding ponds in Ifyongoli....and to conclude on one day field trip to Mwese and Yasakwa..
 
Cheng   4/15/2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment