Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Visited my old post home and neighbors in Yasakwa.


Kids are seemingly growing taller.....

From the left: new counterpart - Ba Maxim, Camp officer - Ba Mulele( one of few female officers I work with now), taxi driver, my village Headman, another counterpart - Ba Pama, my old post home at the back. 
People from my new site accompanied me to visit Yasakwa and shared taxi fare too.

My closest old nieghbors - they were almost crying to see me back, till I was taking pictures they were still not able to look at me straight......dear.....

I took new site people to visit Mabumba, my old counterpart - Ba Martin, the chicken house at one time and some fish ponds that were easier to get to....did not go to Lukali School, but will be soon.........
Bugs I don't see in other places were still there....

Ba Martin has been working hard on more fish ponds of his....

Ba Martin's wife and youngest son came all the way to fish ponds to see me.....

PLARD supported 2012 project for Yasakwa fish farmers to raise pigs to produce manuer for fish pond water. 

PLARD supported 2011 project on a brooding pond in Yasakwa - training on construct the pond, management and provided quality fingerlings, now they are continue counstructing three brooding ponds along side with it.

Water lilies everywhere in the wet land......

The road from Lusaka to Mansa is under the repair and re-pave by Chinese Company, it is almost done up to Mansa.  This picture was taken at close to my old post home.  If they do this last year this time, my taxi accident in July 2011 won't have happened.  Cheng  6/14/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment