Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kept myself busy.......

Everday using the charcoal to make my food and bath water that brazer lost lots of heat side way so I made a cardboard modle and had the headman's son to make a revised one and proved saving me some charcoal so far.....it will be showing on the Agrecaltural show on June 22nd.

Lake Bangweulu has large fishes too....but it is noticeablly reducing the amount and the size, so our fish pond farming is still on the demend.

Sign to turn to my home......30 yards from it.

I tried all my connections to have villagers in touch with Micro Loan from their churches....but lot of them did not get any.....so I start them with self help loan that every member pay in certain amount of money every week and all take turn to receive it when their number is up.....so far all are happy.

My Camp officer's sister gave birth to a baby boy late May....what a proud Daddy, Mummy and Aunty......Congretulations!!!!

My "in-door-bath" has a drainer that was cut up water bottle turned upside down and I had it changed to what I brought over a 3" pipe with drianer, they found a 4" pipe to extend it to farther away from house......they made fire to soften the 4" pipe and used dried banana leave to tight / shrink it to connect to my 3" pipe...all would work here....no matter what...... 

After couple Saturday's kids gathering in my Nsaka and found more than half of kids can't write their names right.....I went visit the Primary School.....the above is 4 to 7 greaders....the bellow is 1 to 4 greaders.....some 4 greaders are over 11, 12 year old........

I am looking forward to have some books from PCVs when they closed their services in September.  Hope more books will encourage the interest of learning to read and write. 
Got to run to meet with my counterpart that he went to Kitwe to fix a part of the hammermill and he just called that he is back.....so we have work to do.......Hope all you are well.......I am doing fine...... Cheng  6/6/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment