Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mid May 2011






























































Rain stopped in Mid April but rained once quite quick and heavy the first week of May, you can see the grass started to get brown.....but the dembo land is still accumulating the water....so sometimes you will step into where you think it was grass root to be, but into the water and mud that was higher than the gum boots I have....so got wet inside out already, what's to complain???? Kept on working.....I amuzed my farmers another way.....nothing new, like fallen off while biking, got up and get going......it was all in the low speed where I should be able to get off the bike and stand up but just did not judgeted fast enough to take action, that was all about......


May 18 I was staking new fish ponds in village called Katangwe, the grass got brown, doesn't matter the water still everywhere, the wild fire started too.......where we were was only one bush next to the fire, the farmers never blink an eye, but laughing at my concern on it, and they were right until we have done the work there, the fire was still at the other side of that bush and kept on going other way......but we were at the low wind side and got heavily smoked........ hmmm, the fire goes the high wind side, that was strange to me....here experiences counts, eeh???


That long day's work, me and my counter part got treated with boiled sweet potato and groundnut as for lunch that we all sit under the trees and enjoyed. Thanks to their concern of my tummy and my energy. Cheng 6/18/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment