Saturday, June 18, 2011

Another villager meeting























































May 19, I have the last villagers meeting (all is 12 zones now) in this deep dembo land called Numbulu that I have biked 5 kilometer on paved road than another 10 to 12 kilometer field trail in the grassy land as anywhere else I have being going.......


We meet the villagers in one church that is also serve as the community school, there one teacher teachs grade one to grade six and the students are from age 5 to age 18 as I remembered.....


Villagers were late for there was another function going on that day so was told be one hour late.....so the school teacher asked me to speak to "his" children for they never seen one foriegnors on their land......(these kids might never step outside of their home land and fields) so I hang up maps, after introduced myself and telling them where I was born, lived for number of years, I asking "how old I am?" only one 16 yr old six grader said that I was 63 which I had said when I first came in and introduced myself....so did he counted or only he remembered......so none of others heard me nor counting any of what I had said.......I had them recite the time table and none was able to go higher than 3s........



My villagers came; the students out......we continued fish pond talking than I went into sending all children to school, including young girls with new babies, no matter married or not, for they should learn a way of living even continue living in this village.......but my counterpart that day was not doing much translating of what I tried to, for he has two wives and thirteen kids........so I just had to drop it as is..... Cheng 6/18/2011






















No comments:

Post a Comment