Monday, October 8, 2012

Still is a good October.....

Monday again, it was scheduled to work from 09:00 but farmers had other things to do so move up to 06:30....fine, these ponds were so close to Samfya so I just stay in town longer after, I thought....
No officers in their offices, because there was a celebration of a boat been donated to DOF Samfya to do researches on Lake Bangweulu........while up to Gen Adm's office, I'd got told "You should be at the dock now, it is big event for the fishery...." Figured I can't do much of others anyway, might as well to have fun.....
Walked up to the dock site, there were all Chieves came in at the same time, one Chief insisted that I find a chair to sit, even I replied that I don't believe there is my name on any of the chairs....one of ushers pointed a chair and said, "this group will not come, so you can sit here."  It was the next roll from all these chieves........Who I am there for???........
 
An hour and a half later the celebration started, even the high officers from Lusaka had to come meet the chieves in the traditional way..... 
End of the celebration, they issued the certifications to the officers trained to operate the boat......my good friend - Ba Ndinawe was one of them and the only female boat operator.....I am proud of her! 
After all, they took the hot shots on boat and went out for the quick spin...... 
and came back even faster...... 
I was glad to have witnessed all these......Now I should go home and do my routines of these hours to come......make charcoal fire, cook supper, cook bath water, wash dishes and me and go to bed......
Have a wonderful night, you all..........
Cheng   10/8/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment