Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I am in Makasa, 3 kilometer east from Musaila, Lupapula, Zambia.

May 14th I hired a taxi to run me to all offices in Mansa where I worked for my Yasakwa villagers, and the driver turned out to be the one who remembered me for he was the one picked me up from the accident site in Mibenge to the Mansa General Hospital.  His name is Moa, at the right.  The picture was taken at DOF provincial's fish ponds with the officer who kept email inform me about my projects in Yasakwa while I was recorying.

May 16th I moved into my post house in Makasa, which is 3 KM from Musaila the main route junction to Mansa or Lusaka.  They sing, dance and made "whole chicken" lunch for me, wait till I finished my lunch, the meeting leasted 4 hours........all excited on what projects we can do in the coming year......thanks to my Yasakwa experiences.  I trust these villagers will do even better.

My post home for the coming year.

Big move in.

Welcome party starts......

I was supposed to finished the whole chicken by myself.....I shared with three other women officers.  This villages has more women officers than I have known.
My counterpart is a carpenter and he offered to build me book shelves so I can loan him my books.

The second day early morning, he came with another counterpart, we biked to Samfya (5KM) to buy the script wood and cut to shorter pieces, tight on to three of our bikes and we WALKED home in the heavy load and mid day sun.....


Next to my house under the tree is his workshop and my book shelves turned into kitchen shelves first......Okay let me post this one first...........Cheng   May 30, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment