Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I've given a new site......





























A little more information on my return to Zambia.........Tuesday, I've given a new post site, it will be Musaila in Luapula province.
This morning I've got email from DOF provincial officer to tell me that Musaila is 40 kilometer east from my old post home and another 10 kilometer to Samfya where I had a camping trip on first weekend of July 2011 with two local DOF officers and seven other PCVs to visit the three islands in the Lake Bangweulu. On that trip Fr. Clement and Fr. Jerico were so much involved with connecting boat and camp ground for us besides the two officers. I am so excited be back to work with all of them soon.
I am sharing these pictures I took from Monday at my host Bob's home. I had witnessed the two tall trees been cut down for the ground security and safety issues...both trees might had taken 60 to 80 years to grown that tall and only 60 minutes to came down......
Anyway, now to share a few pictures to you all and I will show all pictures to Dept of Forestry in Mansa, Luapula when I am there....as you can see, the one cuts the tree branches on his way up and the two ground supporters collect the branches and fed all into the wood chipper.....than the big sections came down with a correct guiding so all fallen only next to the tree root....they clean up one step at a time and leave no mass when they were done.....I am still aweing their efficiency.......You all have a wonderful week ahead. Cheng 4/4/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment