Friday, April 20, 2012

I will be arrived in Lusaka, Zambia on May 7, 2012.

Hello, all.....I have the date to end my medical leave now, that I will be back to Lusaka, Zambia on May 7, 2012.  This time I new post home will be at Musaila, Samfya District, Luapula Province and I will be there for one whole year.  My new post home is about 50-60 kilometer east from my old post home at Yasakwa.  It is 900+/- kilometers north from the capital city Lusaka.

My sincere thanks to you all for all cares, encouragements and supports that had accompanied me through out my recovery.

My thnaks also to Peace Corps in Zambia, in South Africa, in Washington DC and Dept. of Labor that all of them have been taking great care of my health, condition during my recovery and they keep my case open for the future treatments if needed to. 

I am truly grateful that I have had all these menpower behind me, that enabled me to concentrate on my own healing.  Now I am good and ready to go back there again to contribute what I have had expected myself to work up to the maxium of what I can do for my new villagers.

I will continue to show and tell on what I see and do in my new villages on this blog, when I am there again.  Thanks to you all.........until I am there again.......Cheng  4/20/2012

Now to share few of my lucky catch of Seattle and Skagit county area sceneries that I would miss a lot in my coming year, besides all my friends here.








2 comments:

  1. Safe travels back to Lusaka! It's been interesting to read about your experiences in and out of Zambia. My friend Brian and I (both RPCVs from Armenia, 2006-08) have started a podcast that is basically a scantily researched tongue-in-cheek primer for people preparing to travel or live abroad, generally targeted toward Peace Corps volunteers. We just recorded Episode 2 about Zambia. Check it out if you have time, and spread the word!

    http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/egotourism/id521596045

    Contact via e-mail at egotourism@yahoo.com or Twitter @egotourism.

    Cheers!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say no land remains to be discovered, no continent is left unexplored. But the whole world is out there, waiting, just waiting for me. I want to do things-- I want to walk the rain-soaked streets of London, and drink mint tea in Casablanca. I want to wander the wastelands of the Gobi desert and see a yak. I think my life's ambition is to see a yak. I want to bargain for trinkets in an Arab market in some distant, dusty land. There's so much. But, most of all, I want to do things that will mean something. Cheap Flights to Lusaka

    ReplyDelete