Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 4th long weekend....started on July 1st.....
























I had this idea to have another 2 PCVs from Northern Province to come visit the Lake Bangweulu with me for some months, turned out neither could make it.....so I was to do this trip by my own for I know one DOF officer at Samfya from February's workshop and two priests from the hitch hiking back from Mansa to my home at Yasakwa and all had invited me to visit.....


Turned out we have new PCVs posting close to my home and one is about 100 KM from me but she wants to joint me (one pic was Maxie, Fr. Clement, Fr. Joricho and me) when I met the officer and the two priests in Samfya we form up the trip is to visit the three islands in this huge lake and with all helps we got a great deal.....plus one PCV was celebrating birthday with lots PCVs camping at the next beach from us, so Maxie called and told one of them about our boat trip and 7 of them came jointed us and shared the boat expenses....turned out Maxie's site was half way from Samfya to Tringi (where St Maria is) the farther east from my home 130 KM.


First night officer - Ba Nchinawe went with me to stay at St. Marie's parish. Now I have to depart from Kasama to Lake Tanganuka with Mary Ellen and Barbara Smith......later you all...... Cheng 7/15/2011






No comments:

Post a Comment