Thursday, September 22, 2011

I saw Dr. Freidrich at Harborview Burn Center today.

For the uncertain ty of the ongoing treatment on my left leg, it had been driven me nuts for 5 weeks.......

This morning I finally saw Dr. Freidrich and his assistant Dr. Jordan and wound nurse Kathy, after 99% of my wounds healed up and two months after the accident........They were all praising on how wonderful it is that my skin graft was done by Dr. Neumann in South Africa and the speedy healing that the wound nurse Rhonda in Federal Way had done and myself to keep up with the wound care.

They were all in agreement that I do not need further surgeries right now, even for the worst spots on the outside of my left heel. But they want to see me in a month to make sure that my condition of continue healing will be at the same speed as it has been up till now. If so, I should be able to do all activities as I wish and to wear any shoes or boots as I need to.

This is my prescription: "Continue your own wound care, there's no need to see a wound nurse from here and on. Go home and try to get into your best fitted shoes and walk in it, half an hour a day and increase the time of wearing it every day as the new skin on heel gets stronger. Those small wounds on the heel will be healed up and out of concern in a couple of weeks. No need to see any therapiest. Just keep on walking till we see you again next month."

So from here and on, I will have to nurse the wounds myself and to walk my injuried heel and leg out right STRONG!!! They also want to see me a year after, to see if the skin grafts need to be adjusted by trimming it tighter in any way to make it more action effective, etc.....

Sorry for it sounded so negative, but it was the fact. Cheng 9/22/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment